So many times in life we are quick to remember and keep in mind the hurtful experiences we have had, we do not for a moment pause and count our blessings. As the years speedily comes to an end I have thought it wise to take out a fortnight and be thankful for my many blessing these years.
As I ponder on the events of time pasts the lyrics in a song by Marvin Sapp – “Never Would’ve Made It” keeps on coming to mind over and over. I agree in my spirit and confess with my mouth I never would have made it without God and His Grace, Cover, Protection and His Abundant Love. In all that has happened in the course of Life’s journey, I’m in awe of His goodness and would for the days to come appreciate my Creator for distinct things each day.
- I’m grateful first and foremost for the gift of Life which has been freely given without charge even in all of my sins.
- His Grace. Your Grace oh Lord has been more than abundant in my every day Life, from dawn to dusk all I see is your Grace and mercy. Thank you Jesus for your amazing Grace and all you’ve done for me.
- I appreciate you Jesus for the privilege to be born into a Christian home. It is the greatest a child can have as that sets the pace for life’s journey in the right path.
With a heart of gratitude and thanksgiving I thank you for a day well lived in joy and praise.
Today I woke up with a heaviness in my spirit and an uncertainty I can not fathom it’s source. In a rush I dashed into the shower and prepped for work, and in what has become a daily ritual my mum stopped me before I took the last step out of the building and bestowed upon me blessings and more blessings. I wished I could stop her but that is an impossible desire with a mama like her, the prayer continued and for another five six minutes. Well, I’m at work now and it is becoming a dreaded day but I’m going strong because of the words which had proceeded from the tongue of Heavens favorite daughter.
I am reminded of how much we take for granted the sacrifices of parents.
- Today I am grateful for a life with parents, the minor pinches, loud voices when scolding, tears rolling when I pull out my luggage to head to school or take a trip, the many nights I wake up and hear her cover each child of her with the Blood that is greater than every blood, releasing her strength into us and interceding on our behalf.
- As I seat and listen to each customer one after the other trying to figure out what I can do to alleviate their pain, I drift partially into thoughts and imagine what mama goes through thinking similar yet deeper thoughts on a daily. Thank you Lord for a strong woman for a mother.
It’s 7pm already and I feel as strong as I should have earlier in the day. The day went on well taking a different path all because a gentle soul took the pain to pray peace into my day. Thank you Mama.
There has been in the past 11years three near death experiences caused by fire outbreak, with all three happening on the road in a vehicle with friends. It made me develop a certain kind of phobia for even as little as a match box for obvious reasons.
While attending to a customer earlier today, I perceived smoke in the office, looked around and didn’t see anything. I continued on my desk trying to take my mind off but oh boy I couldn’t, I beckoned out to a junior colleague and asked him to confirm where the smoke was coming from only for to look around and at the end of the hall was a dark cloud of smoke from the air conditioning system mounted on the wall, he switched it off and decided to go outside to see where it came from. He came back screaming to all to evacuate the building as the generator was on full blown raze. You can imagine my confusion at that time, I looked around, didn’t see my colleague and went looking for her, she was having lunch in such a relaxed state. I told there was a situation and she needed to leave the building.
We all evacuated, the security men on ground exhausted five fire extinguishers and yet the fire was increasing instead of otherwise. This experience is my last I decree. In a flash I remembered my dreams, desires, wishes and plans with my sister mum and darlyn ( yes! darlyn), I know it wouldn’t end this way, there are lots of unconquered territories.
- Those prayer lines of protection resounding in my ears in the subconscious had a deeper meaning today. I silently echoed “Amen” over and over and “Thank you Jesus” till I heard the fire was gone. Thank you Heavens for safe guarding our lives in delicate times such as this.
- For keeping me safe for over 15,696 days of waking and going to work in darkness. It can only end in praise….!!! Halleluyah, thank you Jesus.